Atomic Structure Practice Problems
1.) Calculate the frequency of red light of wavelength 6.50 * 102 nm
2.) 6.42 * 10-19 J of energy is required to remove an electron from a silver atom. What is the maximum wavelength of light that can do this?
3.) Calculate the ∆E when the following transition occurs in a hydrogen atom:
n = 3 ---> n = 1
3b.) Calculate the wave length of light emitted as a hydrogen electron move from n = 1 to n = 3
4. If an electron makes a transition from the n = 4 to the n = 2 Bohr orbital in a hydrogen atom, determine the wavelength of the light emitted .
5. If the quantum of energy emitted in an electron transition between two levels is 2.96 x 10-23 kJ, what is the frequency of light emitted as a result of the transition?
6. Change 6.4 x 1014 Hz to a wavelength, λ, in meters.
7. Find the frequency corresponding to light with a wavelength of 2 x 10-10 m.
8. Calculate the energy of light associated with a frequency of 6.4 x 1014 Hz.