Kinetic Molecular Theory of Heat
The Particle Theory of matter explains that all matter is made up of particles and that all particles are always in constant motions.
The diagrams below illustrate the differences in the types of energies that the three states of matter display.
- Solids - Vibration Energy
- Liquids -Vibration & Translational Energies
- Gases - Vibration, Rotational, Translational Energies
- the motion and speed of the particles (temperature),
- the amount of particles (mass),
- and the type of material (heat constant).